Friday, June 21, 2013

Fanning the Flames

I have been working on this story on and off for about ten years now, which kind of blows my mind.  Over those years, I've had bursts of explosive passion and progress.  I've also experienced months, even years at a time, where my passion for writing was little more than a warm pile of ash.  Lately, I've had a pretty steady flame going.  And this week I finally finished the second draft, and I'm passing it on to some intrepid reviewers for feedback.  It's exciting, but also a little scary.

Tonight at the Inn my friend Lisa excitedly told some guests about getting to review my book.  The guest proceeded to ask questions and showed so much interest that I gave him a copy to take home and we're going to keep in touch.  He has already been helpful, and I can't wait to hear his opinion!  He and I had been talking earlier about how important it is to have people in your life who encourage and uplift you.  We never know when or where those people will appear, so we have to always be on the look-out for them.  Thanks to everyone who has encouraged and supported me in this endeavor, I'm blessed to have you with me on this journey.

"Set your life on fire.  Seek those who fan your flames."  -Rumi

No comments:

Post a Comment